Look what happened now...
How is it going?
I usually don’t like these, because I feel like NO ONE CARES. It’s like dreams; in my OTHER job people always feel the need to share their dreams with me. I find they are only fascinating to 1. Therapist (Which I am not) and 2. Yourself. But since good friend yell at me for being so BLAND I will attempt this.
So I will try and make this a little more interesting and tell a story or 2.
1. I love to travel. (Big surprise there, ok am starting off slow.)
2. I love cats more than dogs, but baby anything is cute.
3. I love reptiles. I am the person (before I stated traveling so much) that was always asked to pet sit the exotics. Because I am not afraid of your snakes and spiders.
4. I was afraid of snakes and such growing up (in Texas you should be,) but I worked hard to get over the fear. My reason was as a vegetarian I didn’t eat ANY meat. None. All creatures have value and all life is important, not just the cute kittens and fluffy bunnies.
5. I’m a vegetarian. I bet you knew that already. Have been since I was 16 and never regretted it. I do it for health, for love of the planet and because nothing should loose its life to feed me. I’M NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
6. I don’t preach about being a vegetarian. I have been ridiculed most of my life by idiots about it. But still think everyone has to make his own choices.
7. I don’t care if your gay, bi, trans, hippie, republican, Jewish, Jehovah’s witness, Mormon, Muslim whatever. Be nice to me and I will be nice to you.
8. I have close friends that fit all those categories listed above. (See how lucky I am.)
9. I have worked since I was 12 years old. I worked 2 jobs in high school. I didn’t grow up poor, but I was fascinated by things and wanted to learn. I also wanted to buy books, and junk so I worked and spent my money like all kids do..on junk.
10. I’m lactose intolerant and it took a long time for me to figure it out. Sorry to all the people I silently farted in elevators with and snuck off. I really couldn’t help it. (Still embarrassed)
11. I’m a damn good cook. Had to be. In small BFE, Texas there was not that many veggie alternatives.
12. My friends call me for advice on everything. Why I don’t have a clue.
13. Strangers ask me for directions in every country I have ever been in for more than 20 minutes. Why, again I have no idea.
14. I dislike looking or acting like a tourist. (I may be on holiday, but its reI usually stay in the center of cities, because they are usually the oldest parts. I do not stay in the tourist sections if I can help it at all.
15. When I travel I want to try the local food, not McD *which I don’t eat in US. Except for Subway..I like to try them all over the world.
16. I’m a widow. I don’t hide it, but don’t talk about it all that much.
17. If I make up my mind about something I usually do it. It may take some time, but I am persistent.
18. I like music. I used to LOVE music, but not so much now. (odd, huh?) I like classical, opera, rock, metal and blues. I actually like everything but hard-core rap and country. Oh and I don’t care for show tunes.
19. I go to concerts, the theater, the opera and the ballet. But I don’t do musicals.
20. I like to hike and camp. I like the mountains, the beach, the desert and cities.
Want more? I stayed up late doing a list of 100 things. (WTF?!)
& it got really personal :(
If I can keep myself from erasing it I shall post a part 2 & 3.
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives. I'm just an average woman in the world. Follow my journeys as I travel, shop, and meditate my way through life...
Most Popular Blog