Look what happened now...
How is it going?
I usually don’t like these, because I feel like NO ONE CARES. It’s like dreams; in my OTHER job people always feel the need to share their dreams with me. I find they are only fascinating to 1. Therapist (Which I am not) and 2. Yourself. But since good friend yell at me for being so BLAND I will attempt this.
So I will try and make this a little more interesting and tell a story or 2.
1. I love to travel. (Big surprise there, ok am starting off slow.)
2. I love cats more than dogs, but baby anything is cute.
3. I love reptiles. I am the person (before I stated traveling so much) that was always asked to pet sit the exotics. Because I am not afraid of your snakes and spiders.
4. I was afraid of snakes and such growing up (in Texas you should be,) but I worked hard to get over the fear. My reason was as a vegetarian I didn’t eat ANY meat. None. All creatures have value and all life is important, not just the cute kittens and fluffy bunnies.
5. I’m a vegetarian. I bet you knew that already. Have been since I was 16 and never regretted it. I do it for health, for love of the planet and because nothing should loose its life to feed me. I’M NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
6. I don’t preach about being a vegetarian. I have been ridiculed most of my life by idiots about it. But still think everyone has to make his own choices.
7. I don’t care if your gay, bi, trans, hippie, republican, Jewish, Jehovah’s witness, Mormon, Muslim whatever. Be nice to me and I will be nice to you.
8. I have close friends that fit all those categories listed above. (See how lucky I am.)
9. I have worked since I was 12 years old. I worked 2 jobs in high school. I didn’t grow up poor, but I was fascinated by things and wanted to learn. I also wanted to buy books, and junk so I worked and spent my money like all kids do..on junk.
10. I’m lactose intolerant and it took a long time for me to figure it out. Sorry to all the people I silently farted in elevators with and snuck off. I really couldn’t help it. (Still embarrassed)
11. I’m a damn good cook. Had to be. In small BFE, Texas there was not that many veggie alternatives.
12. My friends call me for advice on everything. Why I don’t have a clue.
13. Strangers ask me for directions in every country I have ever been in for more than 20 minutes. Why, again I have no idea.
14. I dislike looking or acting like a tourist. (I may be on holiday, but its reI usually stay in the center of cities, because they are usually the oldest parts. I do not stay in the tourist sections if I can help it at all.
15. When I travel I want to try the local food, not McD *which I don’t eat in US. Except for Subway..I like to try them all over the world.
16. I’m a widow. I don’t hide it, but don’t talk about it all that much.
17. If I make up my mind about something I usually do it. It may take some time, but I am persistent.
18. I like music. I used to LOVE music, but not so much now. (odd, huh?) I like classical, opera, rock, metal and blues. I actually like everything but hard-core rap and country. Oh and I don’t care for show tunes.
19. I go to concerts, the theater, the opera and the ballet. But I don’t do musicals.
20. I like to hike and camp. I like the mountains, the beach, the desert and cities.
Want more? I stayed up late doing a list of 100 things. (WTF?!)
& it got really personal :(
If I can keep myself from erasing it I shall post a part 2 & 3.
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog