Look what happened now...
Ready, Set, Jet!
How are things? I thought I would try this Challenge, because running two full time businesses, being a mom, publishing a new book, traveling, living in a new city and being a Vegan in the desert isn't enough!
Actually I thought it would be pretty easy as I am obsessed with taking photos anyway..But it really wasn't.
Are you tired of seeing my sexy, raw breakfast yet?
And actually I post even more on Snapchat. (Your Welcome!)
It seems like I have a burst of activity and then hours of nothing #WTF?
(I'm sure I'm actually texting, but I'm not gonna screen shot that, OMG!)
So here are my results, without actually setting the alarm or trying, from yesterday.
I may attempt this again, and pay attention to the time. I think if you make an effort it would really showcase your day. (OMG! Do you really want to see that?) For instance between 5:00 and 8:00 I also took a shower, did the dishes, walked 3 miles, did my yoga and tai chi practice. No pictures though, as I was actively engaged.
This picture came about because I wanted to know if the person I was sending the bracelet to liked the "Day of the Dead" skull pattern. (I thought they would, but I was making sure.)
Let me add: I'm glad Mr Lewis is still alive. My friend thought he was dead too. (See? It not just me!) So I don't feel so outta touch or morbid.
I think I will try the challenge again. How about you?
Ready to try a picture an hour? It is random, but actually kind of cool.
See you at the airport!
I have been going back forth from the states to Europe for a decade. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in both France and England. And as you know, I just recently moving back to the United States. Here are ten things I learned from living in France:
1. The French people do NOT Hate Americans. It's a common misconception in the US and I think gives us grounds to in turn hate other countries. Which is total merde.
2. French people are both kind and very polite. If you use good manners and common sense, you will do fine there. Do your best to not be a living, breathing caricature of a rude American, okay?
3. People in Paris will NOT laugh at your accent. Also another misconception from the US. We are told not to go to Paris because our accent will be so awful people will stop in the streets and laugh at you and point. (Rolls eyes - never happen.)
4. People really do walk around with loaves of bread sticking out of sacks. That bread is fresh made and cost about one euro and you will LOVE IT!
5. The air and the sunlight really are different in France. Even if you were not an artist, you will become one after spending time in France. Pack that sketch pad now.
6. Higher Education is Free in France. (No student loans if you are a resident.) My French friends have asked me several times why we do not all get together in America and just pay a teacher to teach our children? I had to explain in America its all about that piece of paper.
7. French Food is Delicious! But we really already knew that, didn't we?
8. Most French words we use in American English do not mean the same thing. So tread carefully and do not take offense when someone say them to you in a totally different context.
9. Starbucks is for the tourists, because not very many, (if any French people) would pay $5 for a cup of coffee. Most often when I have coffee at my friends homes it is instant Nescafe. Sorry to spoil your fantasy.
10. Wine is very, very affordable. (If you live in the South especially.) Make friends with the locals and you will learn to save your wine bottles. You take these back to the vineyard on certain days to be refilled for almost nothing.
France felt like home to me the first time I stepped off the plane. I could do a list of 100 things I learned in France or maybe more. I learned so much about the French people, culture and also about myself. At times it was frightening to be living in a country where I knew no one, had a limited vocabulary and no cell phone, but I'm so glad I did it! I did purchase a phone (you have to show Id), made friends and learned some French. Then I learned more and met more people, went to more places and have so many wonderful memories!
If you are wondering if you should go soon or wait to visit...I would advise you NOT to wait. Learn as much French as you can and do not be afraid to address people, order food in a cafe or visit the landmarks. Just be polite and have an open mind.
Pack light and go already!
20. Places I Want To Go
UK (Yes, I go all the time, but it wasn't clear in the title)
France (I could have put supermarket on this list so hush) ;X
Mars (You know I would go)
Norway (I just LOVE IT)
Asia (The whole place, yes)
Scotland (Sure, why not? It's kinda cool)
And the list goes on and on...Being a traveler I always want to GO. I want to RETURN to a lot of places too, (See list above) And there are many places I wish to see for the first time (See list above) plus there are places I dream of going to (Ahem, see list above- "Mars"). I have 7 countries on the list to visit in the next year. Some old favs and some new, unexplored places. *wow* Can't wait! So I had better get back to work to finance this adventure.
See you in the airport-
Week 15 Things I Find Relaxing
* Soaking in Hottub
* Shopping on line (There I admitted it!)
* Laying by the pool
* Listening to Music
* Spa treatments
* Lazy sundays
* Talking with friends
This one I got! I know how to relax!
Take care & Talk soon~
Week 14: Fave Style Icons
Sarah Jessica Parker
(Read about my shoes here. )
Just because I race home to shorts and tank tops, cut offs and flip flops, doesn't mean I don't love fashion. I dress up for the ballet, the opera, sometimes for a date or a event. I like fitted, well made, tailored clothes, with a dash of funk. And shoes, I love Shoes!
I could have made this list a LOT longer. LOL Who are your stye icons?
Take care & catch you later-
07 : Some Of My (Favourite) Flowers
This one was easy peasy for me. I LOVE FLOWERS :)
Really ALL Flowers, I like cactus flowers, Lilies, Wildflowers, Tree blooms, etc. The list goes on and on. Want to make me happy? Buy me flowers. Cut or potted or for the flower beds.
I found I mostly sketch flowers and dragons, when I'm bored...so thats were my hearts is.
What flowers do you like?
Talk soon ~
Beep Beep! Time for the next list..
03 : Fav Childhood TV Shows
In No kinda order:
(Cartoons, of course.)
*Bugs Bunny -I was all about the music (I was a super Geeky kid, WTF?!)
As I got older -
*SNL (Still love it!)
*Reruns of I Dream of Jeanie
" " Gilligan's Island
??? Duh, I'm sure the TV was on? But I really don't think I spent a lot of time watching TV. I was drawing or on the phone. (Like now, lol) Another #FAIL at this list stuff.
Catch you later-
#02 : Jobs I Have Had
This is a test. It is only a test. Had it been an actual job, you would have received raises, promotions, and other signs of appreciation
Like most kids, I have worked all kind of suck ass jobs & some as an adult too.
In no sorta order:
*Fast Food (Usually quit within a day)
*Bartender on 6th St in Austin, TX (Was a cool job)
*Retail Shop (sucked, badly)
*Waitress (Long hours, little pay - but good tips)
*Office Mgr. (It was never boring)
*Rock Band Mgr. (Also never boring)
*Secretary (for Oil Co, for Govn, for crazy ppl)
*Model (Short lived, as I'm too shy)
*Writer (Don't laugh)
*Online Store owner
*Wife (if you think that's not a job you've never been married.)
+I'm sure there are at least 50 more I can't remb. I'm easily bored, what can I say. +Sometimes was working up to 3 jobs at a time...(See I have always had that travel wanderlust and it's not cheap.) Work + save = Travel!
Catch you Later-
Was sent this from one of my Darling friends who seems to think I need to talk EVEN more about myself!
I think she found the list on "meet me at mikes". I'll tell you mine, if you tell me yours. LOL
(Although I found some of them boring, so be warned.)
List #1 *Suburbs you have lived in. #FAIL
I started out with a nice photo and all but honestly, NO. I don't remb. I usually DON'T Live in the burbs...either smack down in the middle of town or out in the sticks. (Off to a great start, aren't we?)
Famous words: Next Week will be BETTER.
OH LORD! Week 02 : Jobs I Have Had That will be a GREAT One.
Lol, See you later-
Welcome to my (I'm excited to travel again) blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog