Look what happened now...
Am I the only one suddenly obsessed with succulents?
I mean I'm a plant person, so I like just about ALL types of Flora, but suddenly I'm obsessed with this tiny treasures! Aren't they amazing>
One of my friends is building fairy gardens and they are...wow! As soon as I get back from NYC I will start mine. Heavy on the succulents, of course. Do you have a favorite type?
Another friend has successfully grown and harvested pineapples! And she doesn't even have a green thumb! I think I better take a closer look at my compost pile and see if I have a crop.
Catch you later-
The weather is changing as fast as the leaves, here in the United States. The first real Autumn I ever experienced was in the south of France. So finding it here was a welcome surprise. I grew up in South Texas where there are only two seasons;
(Wait for it).......
Hot and Hotter.
Would be funny if it wasn't true!
So to celebrate the changing foliage, I have taken off of work to do a bit of exploring (full post up soon) but in the meantime here are a few random pictures from this week.
See you at the airport~
I'm in a rush to meet a deadline at work~
Catch you later.
Dear Blog/Blog Readers.
I promise I am not ignoring you. I will return shortly with lots of blurry pictures and pointless stories. I'm just swamped right now with work and other boring stuff like sleeping.
I have trips planned, new recipes to try and point less shopping trips to share. So please keep checking back.
See you at the airport~
How are things? I thought I would try this Challenge, because running two full time businesses, being a mom, publishing a new book, traveling, living in a new city and being a Vegan in the desert isn't enough!
Actually I thought it would be pretty easy as I am obsessed with taking photos anyway..But it really wasn't.
Are you tired of seeing my sexy, raw breakfast yet?
And actually I post even more on Snapchat. (Your Welcome!)
It seems like I have a burst of activity and then hours of nothing #WTF?
(I'm sure I'm actually texting, but I'm not gonna screen shot that, OMG!)
So here are my results, without actually setting the alarm or trying, from yesterday.
I may attempt this again, and pay attention to the time. I think if you make an effort it would really showcase your day. (OMG! Do you really want to see that?) For instance between 5:00 and 8:00 I also took a shower, did the dishes, walked 3 miles, did my yoga and tai chi practice. No pictures though, as I was actively engaged.
This picture came about because I wanted to know if the person I was sending the bracelet to liked the "Day of the Dead" skull pattern. (I thought they would, but I was making sure.)
Let me add: I'm glad Mr Lewis is still alive. My friend thought he was dead too. (See? It not just me!) So I don't feel so outta touch or morbid.
I think I will try the challenge again. How about you?
Ready to try a picture an hour? It is random, but actually kind of cool.
See you at the airport!
I have been going back forth from the states to Europe for a decade. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in both France and England. And as you know, I just recently moving back to the United States. Here are ten things I learned from living in France:
1. The French people do NOT Hate Americans. It's a common misconception in the US and I think gives us grounds to in turn hate other countries. Which is total merde.
2. French people are both kind and very polite. If you use good manners and common sense, you will do fine there. Do your best to not be a living, breathing caricature of a rude American, okay?
3. People in Paris will NOT laugh at your accent. Also another misconception from the US. We are told not to go to Paris because our accent will be so awful people will stop in the streets and laugh at you and point. (Rolls eyes - never happen.)
4. People really do walk around with loaves of bread sticking out of sacks. That bread is fresh made and cost about one euro and you will LOVE IT!
5. The air and the sunlight really are different in France. Even if you were not an artist, you will become one after spending time in France. Pack that sketch pad now.
6. Higher Education is Free in France. (No student loans if you are a resident.) My French friends have asked me several times why we do not all get together in America and just pay a teacher to teach our children? I had to explain in America its all about that piece of paper.
7. French Food is Delicious! But we really already knew that, didn't we?
8. Most French words we use in American English do not mean the same thing. So tread carefully and do not take offense when someone say them to you in a totally different context.
9. Starbucks is for the tourists, because not very many, (if any French people) would pay $5 for a cup of coffee. Most often when I have coffee at my friends homes it is instant Nescafe. Sorry to spoil your fantasy.
10. Wine is very, very affordable. (If you live in the South especially.) Make friends with the locals and you will learn to save your wine bottles. You take these back to the vineyard on certain days to be refilled for almost nothing.
France felt like home to me the first time I stepped off the plane. I could do a list of 100 things I learned in France or maybe more. I learned so much about the French people, culture and also about myself. At times it was frightening to be living in a country where I knew no one, had a limited vocabulary and no cell phone, but I'm so glad I did it! I did purchase a phone (you have to show Id), made friends and learned some French. Then I learned more and met more people, went to more places and have so many wonderful memories!
If you are wondering if you should go soon or wait to visit...I would advise you NOT to wait. Learn as much French as you can and do not be afraid to address people, order food in a cafe or visit the landmarks. Just be polite and have an open mind.
Pack light and go already!
Hello and Goodbye August~
I hope you had a good time? It seemed to fly by here. I managed to do a few blog posts - mostly short, nonsensical and sublimely short.
Below I have collected the most popular, maybe not the BEST for the month, but the numbers say these were the most read. I have no idea why you seemed to read and revisit these entries more than the others? But if you missed one or two (they are small, have two) here is your chance to catch up.
Best for August 2016:
Lighten up = Most recent post in August, random as Hell but now with a cat! Lol Are you tired of looking at blurry mountain pictures? Hope not! Because I am still in awe every time I see the mountains and snap about a 100 picts.
Average August Day - One more Day of me roaming around looking for produce.
More Vegan Food Porn = I would have suggested this one. It has an actual recipe and too many pictures!
Birthday Weekend = Most of August was Birthday themed, but I also didn't share too much of the personal stuff. If you are a regular here you know why. (Rolls eyes) Meaning all these are short, quick meaningless posts.
Mexican Food for the Win! = Sarah finally sits down at a restaurant and forgets to take pictures of the food!
Birthday Fun Continues = Random pictures - most went on Snapchat - A toad came to visit and other odd shit.
September looks to be busy. I have a trip to Santa Fe planned next week (I'm going via the train!) I have a trip to an old mining town scheduled for the following week + new restaurants I want to try and of course work, shopping, spamming you with nice cream pictures, etc. You know the usual stuff. :D
So stay tuned and thank you for your continued support of my silly little blog- I appreciate it and your feedback and all the lovely birthday wishes.
See you at the airport~
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives. I'm just an average woman in the world. Follow my journeys as I travel, shop, and meditate my way through life...
Most Popular Blog