Look what happened now...
Ready, Set, Jet!
How are you? Enjoying the long Labor Day weekend if your in the states, I suppose. I'm doing all the last minute things before I leave...I feel like I have never been anywhere in my life. WTF?! * ___ *
So excited! I think this is my 4th trip to Vegas? So yes, I have seen most of the sites and know my way around pretty good. But there is always something new to see. I may not be back in the US again for awhile so am going to visit everything I can this trip. I'm not much of a gambler, but there are other things to do...like the amazing shopping!
Wanna go with? Well I guess so, or you would not be reading this, huh? LOL
*Note the counter at the top I found free on line & the Vegas strip picture was also a random picture. Credit to both the creators.
I was pumping petrol (My #1 hobby now a days) when this beer truck backed around and began unloading. I really wanted to get a shot with the doors closed to run through the new picture editing apps I just downloaded. So I filled up and the guy was busy working the whole time...just as I was giving up a truck pulled up to visit with him. So he, at least was out of the shot. It would have been MUCH better with the doors closed, but still it has a nice effect. What do you think?
What’s up? I went on a Sonic run for the office the other day. People ask me if it bothers me to pick up hamburger and junk for other people. (I assume they ask this because I am a vegetarian?) To be honest, No, I don't care what you eat. (I have a very full life, thanks)
But I do think this photo of a cherry shake came out really well. :O
I took it with my iphone to text back to the office to let know I was on my way. I had other stops, etc.
Like picking up my mail...
Received so many compliments on the last 1 I went back on line & order another in a different pattern. It’s really cool in the heat (I put a cardigan on for work) and super easy to wear.
I also ordered new nail polish from a store on Ebay. Does anyone else ever donate?
This week I also discovered a few Rotterdam photos stuck way back on my Twitpic account. But sadly not enough to do a post. Why I was so stingy in uploading photos?? I have no idea. :(
So thats it for now...I'm knee deep in packing & readying the office to go to Vegas. *Yippee! :D
Catch you later-
The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web.
Nice birthday card.
How are you? Can you believe August is almost over? And yet my birthday celebrations continue. lol
It was a rather late night last night, so I am dragging ass today. Was girls night over for movies. At my place..They brought food, thank God, cause I can't seem to make myself go shopping. (For food; I should clarify- I can shop for shoes all day long.)
And as per usual I took like no pictures. I just ate and laughed most of the night. We had a really good time. :D
One of my oldest & dearest friends drove over an hour & 1/2 (each way) to attend. So good to see her.
And yes I'm off today to recover, lol It's been raining most of the morning and I think I'm going back to sleep now.
Catch you later-
Well, hmm It seems like it go weird so maybe we should continue on? If you just landed part 1 is here & part 2.
51. My favorite color? When people ask I always answer for what? For clothes - black. I do wear about any color though. For cars? Depends on the kind. For house trim? or Hair? Or ....what? I don’t have a favorite color in general. It again depends on for what? You know what I mean? I like purple, but not a purple car.
52. I like gold more than silver, but wear both.
53. I dislike being called a Yankee by Brits. Where I come from Yankees are the devil.
54. Just kidding I have friends that live up North.
55. I love New York.
56. I love New Orleans more.
57. I love Paris the most.
58. I can sew but don’t. I’m just as likely to staple or tape a hem back.
59. People say I have flawless manners and am diplomatic. (WTF?! Me?)
Although I do try to always respect people. I don't have to agree with you or you with me. But we can still show each other respect, right?
60. People also tell me I’m 100% different when talking 1 on 1 and working. (Well duh, I take charge at work & am diplomatic with people 1 on 1. see #59)
61. I closed one of my business because I was so burned out I could not take the abuse from random soccer moms anymore. Mostly when they called about a missing order or such I was always like, “Yes, we will fix it! Let me send you something free.” Which is old time customer service (A thing of the past, boys & girls.) Also known in some biz circles as "The customer is always right." Even though they waited till 12.23 to order and NOT overnight it and it didn’t arrive until after Christmas. (This was always some how our fault?!) And when pkg didn't show up (Magically) call me & threaten me or cuss me out. Usually I just laughed it off and made them feel better. But towards the end of 15 + years I was like “OH Hell No, you will not cuss me out Bitch. I will drive to Iowa and find your fat ass.” So I knew it was time to shut those doors, lol. Plus at this point I realized I hated it. And why work somewhere you are unhappy? Life is too short.
*Not very d
62. I really dislike men talking down to me because I am a woman.
63. I really dislike other woman talking down to me because they think I “just work here”. (Or they are just dumb asses) No, I own the place and you can leave now. Plus you will not talk to my employees like that either. I understand you are stressed & having a bad day because your life didn't turn out the way Disney/TV/Your parents told you it would. But you will show me & my employees respect. Rant over, sorry. * __ *
64. If I don’t know something I will tell you.
65. I’m really private and I write personal stuff for the blog all the time. But I go back and erase it…#FML
66. I love technology and all things related to it. But I don’t want to build computers. Apps maybe…
67. I can write/have written code.
68. I have done art work for bands.
69. I paint/draw with both hands, but mostly write with my right hand.
70. The majority of my good friends are lefties. (So I don't think the % is right?!)
71. I can eat with chopsticks.
72. I still read a lot.
73. I hardly EVER watch TV. If you follow me on GetGlue then you know that. That is actually pretty accurate. Maybe 2-3 TV shows a week.
74. I do watch movies some. I like action, comedy, sci-fi, etc. No sad shows or dumb chick flicks, please. ROMCOM usually sux too. Who is that dumb in real life? Oh wait I may have addressed that already. (I still don't find it entertaining) I just watched "So this is 40" & OMG! I was screaming at the people (Both good actors, BTW) but no one should have to watch that (or live it) ugh. Nothing was funny about it, :( and you know I usually am very kind in reviewing things.
75. If I have a block of free time to just veg I do! I sleep, read or soak in hot tub. If I do end up watching TV it's usually like a whole boxed series of Dr Who or True Blood or Star Trek. Yes, Yes I know “They were not meant to be seen like that.” But hey it’s fun!
Ok, are you sick & tired of me? It's all me, me & more me. I feel so s
elf-conscious & more than a little mortified telling so much about myself.
To be honest I have dated many men (for years) that never knew this much about me! And on the misleading and very trashy sounding note I will end. :X
See you at the airport-
What the Hell, lets continue. (Read part 1 HERE)
I usually don’t like these, because I feel like NO ONE CARES.
But since good friend yelled at me for being so BLAND on here I will attempt this.
21. I don’t ski. (snow or water) But cross country skiing looks like it would be cool.
22. I have a lot of electrometric energy and have blown up things all my life. I go through computers, ipods, light bulbs and really all electronics like you wouldn’t believe. I am not allowed to stand close to some of my friend’s computers when telling a story (I move around sometimes or swing my hands when I get into a story) or to use the copy machines at the office.
23. I’m 5’9 and wear heels a lot. I like being tall.
24. I have a lot of male friends. But I have a lot of female friends too.
25. Most people trust me and like me immediately. But once in a while someone (usually a woman) will not like me on sight. I don’t take it personal. Whatever.
26. I don’t date married men. I have, but was only because he lied to me. I stopped it as soon as I found out. (Still feel bad about it) and no, I didn’t tell her. I never met her and cut him completely out of my life. Asshole.
27. I started smoking when I was about 12. (Wild much?!) I didn’t get addicted until I was about 16-17. I really liked to smoke, but I quit. I am sure if I ever picked up one I would be hooked forever. :X
28. If you invite me, I will go. Usually. I am pretty busy, but if I have free time and someone asks me over, to a party, to go shopping, for dinner, to visit them in London, etc. I will go. You have been warned.
29. Let’s see hmm. I never wanted to go to England growing up. But once I went was hooked! Love it and the people. :D
30. I am very good with plants. I had a middle school Science teacher that taught me (and the class) how to garden and I have ever since. I love to grow & be around plants very much. It helps me stay calm and grounded. (New Age pun) I grow flowers, trees, vegetables, etc.
31. I really liked to garden with my late husband. It was a nice hobby to share and when the roses bloom that he planted for me I still cry. (Because it like he is sending me flowers.)
32. My bedroom (where I am now) has 2 orchids and 1 ivy.
33. My very first real boyfriend and I are still friends. He just called me & I ignored the call, lol. But we talk at least once a month. He is a good guy, with a loving wife and nice family. I am glad we could stay friends.
34. I was 11 when I got my 1st kiss at school. (Some random boy ran up to me and kissed me and ran off, romantic much?!) But the real, actual 1st kiss I count was when I was 14. (from above mentioned BF)
35. I have a gardener, who I fight with and bitch about some on here. But am thankful for.
I do take care of my plants myself too (see # 30) But remb. I am gone a lot.
36. I work hard. Always. But I also have fun, always. :D
37. I try to say, “I love you.” To all the people I love every time I end a call or leave.
38. The last thing my husband said to me was, “I love you. I’ll see you later.” He then walked out the door and was in an accident. It took them 7 days to find his body, but I knew he was dead. So yes kids I have seen HELL 1st hand.
39. I can be morose and I can be silly. Usually not at the same time.
40. I bought my 1st house while I was single. (And I am proud of it. Go girl power. And no my parents did not help me, at all.)
41. I believe you have to live a life you can believe in, whatever that might mean to you.
42. I meditate.
43. I always felt like an outsider in school. I was born in a town with only “local” families (we were outsiders) and was shy. When I turned 13-14 I said screw it and took every opportunity to sneak off from school events I could. Still made excellent grades, because I was always reading.
44. When I was a teen all my friends where older. Like 5-10 years.
45. When I was 16 I looked up and realized I was surrounded by friends (some even in school) who liked and respected me; (for being me) and that changed my life.
46. I draw & paint. My art has been sold all over the world. But I don’t talk about it. (I’m shy and that sounds like bragging) I also have stuff I wrote published and even housed in a museum. (Sounds like self-centered nerd, right? Maybe I should delete this one?)
47. I can’t sing or play any instrument at all. I don’t do karaoke. (Your welcome.)
48. I have dated more than a few musicians. They are now on my “Do Not Date List”. Because they mostly suck, and not in a good way. They are (usually) all about themselves and I want the guy to be all about ME!
I sound like a groupie…but I wasn’t. I am usually just minding my own business and these guys find me. WTF?!
49. I also briefly dated someone who went on to lead a cult and die a horrible death. (He wasn’t like that back then. OMG)
50. I really have a “Do Not Date” list.
Ok—that’s enough for now. I can’t believe I told all that!
How is it going?
I usually don’t like these, because I feel like NO ONE CARES. It’s like dreams; in my OTHER job people always feel the need to share their dreams with me. I find they are only fascinating to 1. Therapist (Which I am not) and 2. Yourself. But since good friend yell at me for being so BLAND I will attempt this.
So I will try and make this a little more interesting and tell a story or 2.
1. I love to travel. (Big surprise there, ok am starting off slow.)
2. I love cats more than dogs, but baby anything is cute.
3. I love reptiles. I am the person (before I stated traveling so much) that was always asked to pet sit the exotics. Because I am not afraid of your snakes and spiders.
4. I was afraid of snakes and such growing up (in Texas you should be,) but I worked hard to get over the fear. My reason was as a vegetarian I didn’t eat ANY meat. None. All creatures have value and all life is important, not just the cute kittens and fluffy bunnies.
5. I’m a vegetarian. I bet you knew that already. Have been since I was 16 and never regretted it. I do it for health, for love of the planet and because nothing should loose its life to feed me. I’M NOT THAT IMPORTANT.
6. I don’t preach about being a vegetarian. I have been ridiculed most of my life by idiots about it. But still think everyone has to make his own choices.
7. I don’t care if your gay, bi, trans, hippie, republican, Jewish, Jehovah’s witness, Mormon, Muslim whatever. Be nice to me and I will be nice to you.
8. I have close friends that fit all those categories listed above. (See how lucky I am.)
9. I have worked since I was 12 years old. I worked 2 jobs in high school. I didn’t grow up poor, but I was fascinated by things and wanted to learn. I also wanted to buy books, and junk so I worked and spent my money like all kids do..on junk.
10. I’m lactose intolerant and it took a long time for me to figure it out. Sorry to all the people I silently farted in elevators with and snuck off. I really couldn’t help it. (Still embarrassed)
11. I’m a damn good cook. Had to be. In small BFE, Texas there was not that many veggie alternatives.
12. My friends call me for advice on everything. Why I don’t have a clue.
13. Strangers ask me for directions in every country I have ever been in for more than 20 minutes. Why, again I have no idea.
14. I dislike looking or acting like a tourist. (I may be on holiday, but its reI usually stay in the center of cities, because they are usually the oldest parts. I do not stay in the tourist sections if I can help it at all.
15. When I travel I want to try the local food, not McD *which I don’t eat in US. Except for Subway..I like to try them all over the world.
16. I’m a widow. I don’t hide it, but don’t talk about it all that much.
17. If I make up my mind about something I usually do it. It may take some time, but I am persistent.
18. I like music. I used to LOVE music, but not so much now. (odd, huh?) I like classical, opera, rock, metal and blues. I actually like everything but hard-core rap and country. Oh and I don’t care for show tunes.
19. I go to concerts, the theater, the opera and the ballet. But I don’t do musicals.
20. I like to hike and camp. I like the mountains, the beach, the desert and cities.
Want more? I stayed up late doing a list of 100 things. (WTF?!)
& it got really personal :(
If I can keep myself from erasing it I shall post a part 2 & 3.
I have been blog-jumping…tisk, tisk…I’m not judgmental…but wtf people? Really? Some of the “popular blogs” are about as entertaining as, I don’t know.. life before wifi?! (Not the Asian blogs, I fucking love them! Lots of personality, fire and opinions there.) I’m talking about the American women blogs. Are people that medicated and bland, really? (Shakes head in disbelief)
So I go on to righteously tell one of my good friends about the blogs I have read and whine "I don’t know why I not super popular yet." She stares at me like I have horns and coldly tells me, ”WTF you expect? You don’t show your personality at all. You put no pictures of yourself and most of your other pictures are crap.” Friends are honest like that..Good ones are anyway. But, But…(sad face) –I tell her- I wanted to do experiment of not putting pictures to see if people still love me as much as when they see me. She stare hard at my sad eyes…then yell, “FAILED” :(
IDK maybe she was teacher or referee in past life, (cause she is tiny, ex model in this one); kicks dirt at her tiny, perfect body because we are lying by her pool during this horrid conversation. There, showed my F’ing personality, you happy?
Soooo *long sigh* I guess I try harder.
Thank you for reading my bland blog.
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog