Look what happened now...
Ready, Set, Jet!
Who doesn’t want more money? Here are a few tips that I actually use (and they work!)
First we need to understand where the money is going. :0
1. What do you really spend your money on? It’s ok; most people don’t have a clue how much they spend on Starbucks, movie tickets, on line shopping, etc. Write down EVERYTHING you spend for 3 months. Be honest and then you will be able to make a good decision on what’s important to you & where you can cut back.
2. How much do you actually need to be out of debt? Tally it all up and make a chart. Post it where you can see it every day. Making it a real, concrete image will help your brain better understand what your facing. Change the chart as you pay it down or add to it.
3. Start with your bank. Now you know where your money is going and how much you need to be free from debt it’s time to make some changes. Is your bank helping you or are they nickel & diming you to death? :X Check your rates and call around to see who has the best offer for your situation. (Bank fees, check fees, etc & stop paying overdraft fees. That’s just money you are throwing on the ground.)
4. Turn off the television. What? You say. Why? Because we both know it’s not really helping you. Most commercials guilt or manipulate people into purchasing things they don’t need. And you’re smarter than that. I know you are.
5. The hardest step. Make a Budget and stick to it. Use your information from steps 1-3 and put some $$ in savings, allow a little leeway and be ruthless. Just because your coworkers are going out for drinks after work doesn’t mean you HAVE TO GO TOO. (Unless you budgeted for it.) Just because there is a SUPER SALE doesn’t mean you have to shop…unless it’s in your budget. You comprendre? Be realistic, if you know you need food be honest with what you can spend and stick to it.
Ok, that’s a lot of steps; I know its only 5 of the 10 I promised, but give yourself a pat on the back if you were able to do any of them. Because you took the 1st step in getting your finances in order and that’s the hardest step, beginning.
I will post the 2nd half later in the week.
So here are a few useless fashion shots I took in the month of April.
For the New Orleans trip I tried to pack smart and choose pieces that work in many different ways + look good too. I did not wear any jewelry there, as I am not going to get mugged over it. :(
So I started out the month thinking "Oh this will work and ended up slacking off, of course.." LOL So there aren't many pixs.
The Larimer & Tibetan Silver Set I wore with the new outfit below. It was a big step in changing it up, as most of my clothing is black/white.
+ I have to look business like without over dressing for work. So it can be tricky. + There is the F'ing heat! So look good, dressy and not be sweating when it's 105'. :(
Was preparing for the NOLA trip here. The weather was tricky & I had limited space...As I said most of my clothes are Black in White. WTF? But they are actually really easy to mix & match. I put on a nice sweater or jacket & change the jewelry & it completely changes the outfit.
And Shoes! I love shoes!
Purple Tommy H sweater & green snake skin shorts. Yeah Nola's warm
Mix in a couple of great fiting jeans & your ready for anything, lol
Bought these right before I left.
So it's Friday! Hope you had a good week. I did although after taking off some last week I seem to have the summer time blues, already. WTF it's going to be a long summer at this rate.
I created a "about me" page on here. Then didn't know what to write..WTF?!? Well it was about 2:45 a.m. and I should have been sleeping, but...anyway.
I really am shy, so I just copied a 25 questions that someone sent me. (With my own answers though) but it doesn't really tell you anything. I don't like sushi & my computer & cell are usually always near me. Cool, complex & Fascinating, huh?
This week has been oddly mellow *not complaining * so not much to write about, for a change.
So I'm off buy lunch for the crew at work (as Opposed to the Krewe - which is my gang of friends) then we are taking the rest of the day off! Don't you wish you worked here?! Lol
"When I had youth I had no money; now I have the money I have no time; and when I get the time, if I ever do, I shall have no health to enjoy life. I suppose it's the discipline I need; but it's rather hard to love the things I do, and see them go by because duty chains me to my galley. If I ever come into port with all sails set, that will be my reward perhaps. "
Louisa May Alcott
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog