Look what happened now...
Ready, Set, Jet!
Okay, It's actually just a few days after Christmas and a still few days till the new year.
I'm already back at work, big surprise, yeah?
Well, to be more accurate I'm attempting to work. See, not a soul actually works this week. Even if you are in the office, you can't really work because all the people you need to deal with are out on vacation for the holidays, of course. #FML
I haven't bought all that much since Christmas, if you exclude food, lol. Just picked up a few things online. I really need to start shopping for all the upcoming trips. #Nothing2Wear
Thank goodness for Amazon Pantry, lol. The fruit stash was running low!
I finally got a chance to try this new tea. It was one of the teas included in the Vegan Cuts December snack box, remember? (Click here to see it.) It was really good and flavorful. If you like licorice you will like it. I will definitely be buying a box. #Score
I know I talk about having wanderlust, but honestly it's lovely to just sit by the fireplace and drink tea.
Its been cold lately, but it is winter after all and I don't particularly want to go anywhere.
I was invited to a couple of New Years Eve parties. So I may have to leave the fire long enough to make an appearance at least. And Yes, yes I know say that every year and end up going and staying longer than I intended and having a great time. I know, I know…
So I made another trip into town to purchase champagne or wine or something for the parties. There were so many different kinds and lots of pretty bottles. #Shiny
Not as pretty of course, but good wine!
I hope you have a great New Year!
How was your holiday? I hope you went somewhere far off and totally fun. If you were not able to leave perhaps my 25 Top Travel Quotes will inspire you to get those bags packed!
25 Top Travel Quotes
(In no particular order)
1.“Not all those who wander are lost.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
3. “Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.”
― Jack Kerouac
4.“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
― Lao Tzu
5.“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
6. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
7. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
8. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
9. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
― Anita Desai
10. “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.”
― Lao Tzu
11. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
12. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”
― Robert Louis Stevenson
13. “Little by little, one travels far”
― J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin
15. "You develop a sympathy for all human beings when you travel a lot." - Shakuntala Devi
16. “Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
17. "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
18. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.”
― Robert Frost
19. “I went to collect the few personal belongings which...I held to be invaluable: my cat, my resolve to travel, and my solitude.”
20. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life—and travel—leaves marks on you.”
― Anthony Bourdain
21. “Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere.”
― Isabelle Eberhardt
22. Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” — Lawrence Block
23. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
― Jalaluddin Rumi
24. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.”
― Anaïs Nin
25. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
― David Mitchell
Honestly, I could have included another 100 quotes easily!
What are your favourites? Comment below!
So, let us continue the 30 day challenge. If you want to read past post click here.
Where did we leave off?
#21 Something that has stood the test of time?
The mountains, OMG The Mountains! I love the mountains so much. They are always changing, but have definitely survived the test of time. If you follow me on SnapChat then you know I take pictures of the mountains, (dormant) volcanoes and "hills" almost daily! I'm so grateful I am able to live here in their shadow.
#22 Cool Weather appareal:
#23 A bright sunshiny day:
Well, thats most days in New Mexico. Although lately it has been overcast and raining. (I love it!)
#24 A gray, overcast day:
#25 Stop and smell the flowers or anything from nature:
Thank goodness, only 5 more to go!
It's great being back in New York. I started this trip from ABQ (New Mexico) you can read about it here, if you haven't already. I'm also attempting to catch up on some of the old posts I have started but never bothered to finish, like the Strawberry post and a few others. #WishMeLuck
Anyway, here are a few random bits of my adventures from this week...
I had business in Rockville, yes, thats an actual place. (See map)
Rockville is a commuter community connected to New York by the Long Island Rail Road. So you are really close to everything but also have a nice small town feel too. I finished up with clients and headed to Freshark a few times each day. The food was really good, not cheap, but good. Lunch for two - Smoothes and sandwiches will cost you $40usd - But its all fresh and locally sourced and really good. I recommend it -
When I find good vegan food I stick with it! So when I wasn't in Freshark I was roaming around exploring. The city is pretty safe and on the weekend lots of people are out walking aroud shopping and relaxing.
Then it started snowing! But I kept shopping, lol.
Next post will be on my Iceland Adventures!
Catch you later-
And just in time the December Vegan Cuts Snack box has arrived!
Who needs sugary, artificial crap when we can snack on organic, healthy treats like these!
I am always surpised - there are so many healthy products I never knew existed! These healthy, authenic foods make you happy as you snack on them!
Now that the day is over I'm going for a real run and then back home to watch the rest of Timless and snack - See you on the coach, lol
It's hard to believe but on the 22nd my blog will be 4 years old! So much has happened in the last 4 years I can't even begin to list it all. My life has changed in so many amazing ways and I have met so many awesome people over the last 4 years.
I started this blog as a personal way to keep up with my trips, odd purchases, best cafe finds, life events and recipes. You know, personal shit that no one would care about but me, but somehow you found it and read my posts, then came back for more. #WTF?!
But seriously, since 2012 it has evolved into so much more. I have shared much more of my personal life than I ever thought I would, but I have also met some incredible people too. You still don't leave comments on the posts, but email me wonderful messages. Thank you for your continued support and love!
If you want to read the beginning posts…they are short of course, Click here. Mostly it's Chritsmas stuff, me bitching about my mother and talking about the world not ending. Do you remember that was a big thing way back in 2012?
Since 2012 I have written 350 blog posts under “Travel” - Meanwhile “Loot” has 105 entries while “Food” has a huge 242 posts, not surprisingly 69 of those were “Vegan”.
“TMI” 42 - soon to be 43 as I will file this under that topic, lol. Surprisingly I only have 25 entries on “Dating” yet every month I am asked dating advice and those posts are read religiously.
Shaking my head, ya'll know I'm divorced, right?
You've seen my hair change colour many times over the years. You have also seen my obsession with filters and stickers and you have pardoned my blurring photos.
But most importantly you have continued to read my random nonsense. I want to say thank you! And thank you for putting up with my long absences, which are growing more and more frequent. Thank you for reading, your kind emails and your friendship. It means the world to me!
2017 looks likes it going to be a crazy, fast paced year full of adventures. I hope you can come along for the ride!
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog