Look what happened now...
You should make an effort to travel the world, or at least travel more and further than you are now. You know it's a lot of fun, but it’s also good for you. I can honestly say I have grown more as a person from my travels and adventures. I've met amazing people and had life changing experiences along the way. I encourage you to explore more, do more, see more and not put it off.
Become More Open Minded
By exploring the world you realize that there is more than one way to do things. Cooking is done differently, parenting is done differently, and even the rhythm of life might be very different. (And that’s just the beginning.)
You will come across all sorts of new ideas that challenge the way you’ve been thinking about things. That’s a good thing because it gives you the opportunity to rethink how you’re doing things and become more mindful about your own life.
We live in a very global and interconnected world, but experiencing more of it in person will help you understand it better, which brings us to the first big benefit of traveling the world…
Experience New Cultures
As you travel the world and interact with the people living there, you learn a lot about different cultures. Its fun to try new food, go shopping in a very different atmosphere and look at very different products, stumble through conversations in a foreign language, and just soak up the fact that things can be done differently. Traveling is a great way to experience new cultures and learn from those experiences.
Get Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Because so many things are done very differently and the entire culture is different from your own, traveling gets you out of your comfort zone. It’s great when you feel like you’re stuck in a rut or just need some fresh inspiration.
When we stay in our comfort zone, it’s hard to grow and it’s hard to change how we live our lives. Stepping out of that zone and doing things that are new, uncomfortable, and challenging is how we grow has human beings. Traveling is a great way to do that.
I encourage you to make travel a priority and not wait to go explore. If actual world travel isn’t an option for you right now, do a bit of armchair traveling by learning more about a foreign country including its culture and language as you plan your trip.
See you at the airport!
Are you aware of the Day Without a Woman campaign?
On International Women's Day, March 8th, women and our allies will act together for equity, justice and the human rights of women and all gender-oppressed people, through a one-day demonstration of economic solidarity.The site is here.
Anyone, anywhere, can join by making March 8th A Day Without a Woman, in one or all of the following ways:
Together we can make the world better for EVERYONE.
Ok, lets finish this…If you want more Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3. lol Thats A lot of information!
76. I love hot baths and to soak in the Jacuzzi. (Starting off slow and simple!)
77. I don’t like to swim.
78. I will go to Japan and visit a hot springs one day.
79. I do not have any tats. (Speaking of going to Japan and being allowed to enter the traditional hot springs.) I think tattoos are ok, I just never could make up my mind on what I would want. My tastes develop and grow as I do.
80. Speaking of True…I have way too many shoes.
81. I don’t care about branded items much. But I do like Chanel and Gucci a lot.
82. I like well made stuff that will last & stuff I like. If it is cheap cool, if not then if I still want it I will buy it. But as to being a “Brand Snob” nope. Could careless, but on the other hand I don’t care what you do. It’s not my job to judge you.
83. I take good care of myself. Because people depend on me & I need to be at my best. I am moving more and more towards a Vegan diet. I feel so much better when I eat raw and eat less in general. Who knew digesting all those veggies took so much energy??
84. I exercise, walk, run, jog, work out do yoga, & tai chi. I break it up to stay motivated.
85. I just checked out zumba. (Did I spell that right?) And think I will incorporate that into my work out routine. It seems fun and that will help me to stick to it.
86. I like to dance.
87. I like to be around people. But I also like to be alone. I need down time to decompress after being around a lot of people.
88. The 1st time I was married it was to my best friend and it was on the beach in Mexico. (Very hippie ceremony just for us. Was vey nice.)
89. We split up because I was too young and immature. He was a great guy. Thankfully I was given the opportunity to I apologize some years later. He accepted my apology and forgave me. We then parted as friends.
90. He was murdered a few years after that. They never caught the killer.
91. Umm on a lighter note; did I tell you I like to travel? No? Umm yes…
92. I love to see places I have imagined about all my life. Books are great at introducing the world to you, but you really have to get out there and form your own opinions.
93. I have had really long hair. Like move it to sit down long. It was a bitch in that I kept catching it in car windows, getting it caught in the car door and sitting on it. My hair now hits just below my bra strap & is so much easier.
94. I like long hair on men too.
95. I don’t care for weak, needy women. Don’t get me wrong, I can be sympathetic to your problems, but if you just want someone to listen to you cry over and over about the same thing then so elsewhere.
96. I can’t stand weak men. I don’t date them or have them as friends.
97. I also don’t like men that think they need to tell me what to do. I’m usually polite at first, but after the 3 or 4th time I’m like, “Really? Your lame ass is going to line me out? What have you done to become so important?” And it’s over. They are history. And it’s usually over something trivial too.
98. I can and do ask people for advice. But it’s usually only people who I respect in their field. If you are just some idiot off the street I’m not going to take career advice from you, ok? Show me what you’ve done and then perhaps I will consider it. Until then, please keep your opinions to yourself. (As I do, unless asked.)
99. Live and let live is one of my mottos. I am no one to judge you. I don’t know how you got here and it’s none of my business. I respect myself & also respect others.
100. I try to make decisions I can live with.
OMG!! That was sooo much. So give me some feedback now. Or tell me about yourself...
I'm actually off to the airport shortly.
I noticed sometime while I was in New Orleans, both Roxann & I turned into sailors. Rough, Salty Sailors. Every other word out of our mouths was fuck, "fuck this, fuck that"...wtf? Not that I was a angel before then... but I use it so liberally in my blog because this is how I type texts & in real life my speech is peppered with wtfs as well. Why should I change my personality on my blog to make other people happy? Your reading a blog I wrote dealing with MY LIFE & ADVENTURES. I do refrain from raining insults down on people & picking sides in the current Political Debacle; You’re welcome. :/
The other common phrases I use now are: "fuck me running!" & "People are so fucking crazy?" in wonderment, but I don't want to write about that... Stories I could tell you about people doing things that make no sense. Because it seems my friends and I are the only ones noticing these things? Like people doing horrible, unthinkable things to each other; for no apparent reason and nothing is ever solved or explained later on? No follow-ups other than sensationalism. No, I think there is way too much of that being talked now. And not in a “lets try & heal/understand” dialogue, but more as "thrilling/rape the people" Bull Shit disguised as journalism. (You feel me?) That’s the kind of writing that poisons everything around it, that’s the kind of writing, less the cussing; that is really offensive. So go pick on them or go fuck yourself. Your call.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if my writing offends you, then leave. It will probably only get more distasteful (& more real) as the blog grows & gets more personal.
“Listen with ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love”
OH to have time to read~~~ :0
(And more room to store all the books,lol)
Yeah, yeah I know Kindle or IPAD. But it's JUST NOT THE SAME as holding an old book.
You know? I would love to say I am a "collector" but that implies images of pristine, never read books. Umm Nope. Most of mine are dog eared and very well read. It may be YEARS in between readings, but if I love a book (some I really do) then yes, it's like meeting an old friend again..I will read and re-read. Plus others books remind me of people that were in my life once and reading them again is like revisiting that time of my life.
And so many people now give me books as gifts, so sweet!
But yes, I do have a few on my lappy. Mainly to be kinder to my suitcases. Which also means extra room for more SHOES when I travel!
So what is everyone reading out there? Any suggestions?
Yes, I admit I have a pile of new books fresh from Amazon. AND no time to really read...:(
So have booked this weekend as "busy" on the calendar. :)
I am taking the entire weekend as R & R to stay home and read!
So don't call me..
See ya Monday!
Welcome to my travel blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Here I share tips, stories and photos from my adventures and life. This is the place where people can find daily inspiration to travel and motivation to live healthier lives and laugh a bit too!
Most Popular Blog