Look what happened now...
Ready, Set, Jet!
Who doesn’t want more money? Here are a few tips that I actually use (and they work!)
First we need to understand where the money is going. :0
1. What do you really spend your money on? It’s ok; most people don’t have a clue how much they spend on Starbucks, movie tickets, on line shopping, etc. Write down EVERYTHING you spend for 3 months. Be honest and then you will be able to make a good decision on what’s important to you & where you can cut back.
2. How much do you actually need to be out of debt? Tally it all up and make a chart. Post it where you can see it every day. Making it a real, concrete image will help your brain better understand what your facing. Change the chart as you pay it down or add to it.
3. Start with your bank. Now you know where your money is going and how much you need to be free from debt it’s time to make some changes. Is your bank helping you or are they nickel & diming you to death? :X Check your rates and call around to see who has the best offer for your situation. (Bank fees, check fees, etc & stop paying overdraft fees. That’s just money you are throwing on the ground.)
4. Turn off the television. What? You say. Why? Because we both know it’s not really helping you. Most commercials guilt or manipulate people into purchasing things they don’t need. And you’re smarter than that. I know you are.
5. The hardest step. Make a Budget and stick to it. Use your information from steps 1-3 and put some $$ in savings, allow a little leeway and be ruthless. Just because your coworkers are going out for drinks after work doesn’t mean you HAVE TO GO TOO. (Unless you budgeted for it.) Just because there is a SUPER SALE doesn’t mean you have to shop…unless it’s in your budget. You comprendre? Be realistic, if you know you need food be honest with what you can spend and stick to it.
Ok, that’s a lot of steps; I know its only 5 of the 10 I promised, but give yourself a pat on the back if you were able to do any of them. Because you took the 1st step in getting your finances in order and that’s the hardest step, beginning.
I will post the 2nd half later in the week.
Welcome to my (I'm excited to travel again) blog, my healthy Vegan lifestyle blog and my life! It's a lot, but it's my passions and I just love to write about it. Visit the "About Me Page" to learn more.
Most Popular Blog